There are certain items that can be found at every Goodwill store – coffee mugs, books, picture frames, board games, etc. And for every commonly found item, there are a million different ways to repurpose and upcycle them, and I’ve collected ten of my favorite ideas for you. Today’s common item of choice?
Lampshades! From tiny to HUGE, there are countless varieties of shades that can be found on Goodwill’s shelves. And luckily for us, there are some amazing ways to repurpose them – even the most outdated shades around. Here are some great ideas to light your creativity fire!
1. Hanging Herb Garden – Why spend money on hanging baskets when you can make your own on the cheap?
2. Contemporary “Mapshade” – Recover an outdated shade with a map for a colorful, modern look.
3. Trendy Pendant Light – Two naked shades form one AWESOME pendant light!
4. Nursery Mobile – Create a whimsical mobile to hang over a crib in the nursery.
5. Laundry Hamper – No one would ever guess your high-end hamper was once an old lampshade!
6. Lampshade Cloche – Get the boutique look with little to not work.
7. Indoor Plant Stands – Snazz up your indoor plants with height and texture using different sized lampshade frames.
8. Industrial Light Fixture – Give your humdrum light fixture the coolest makeover ever with some thrifty shades!
9. Yarn-Wrapped Shade – Colorful yarn in a modern design gives your lampshade a brand new appearance.
10. Christmas Tree – Ok, file this idea away for the holidays- what a fun and funky Christmas tree!
So, which idea is your favorite? Or, have you created something unique using a Goodwill lampshade? After scrolling through this list, I actually have an idea percolating in my mind now…who knows, maybe you’ll see it right here on the Good Life Blog!